Important aftercare instructions to heal your tattoo perfectly
Yay! So the day has finally come for you to get your tattoo done! Those are exciting news, but whether you are an experienced body art collector or just getting your first tattoo, remember to follow our tattoo aftercare instructions carefully. Not babying your new tattoo appropriately can cause infection, early fading or unnecessary damage.
These are the aftercare instructions given here at Mantra Tattoo. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask your tattoo artist about it.
- Remove your bandage in about an hour. Do not re-bandage your tattoo.
- Cleanse it with antibacterial soap and water, rinse thoroughly and pat dry.
- Apply a small amount of ointment and rub in well. Repeat this process 2 or 4 times daily for 3 to 5 days, or until tattoo peels. Do not share ointment with anyone else.
- After tattoo peels, follow the same instructions for cleaning and apply unscented, dye-free lotion instead of ointment 1 to 3 times daily, for about 2 weeks.
- Do not go into hot tubs, swimming pools or lakes during the healing process. Doing this can fade your tattoo and cause infection.
- New tattoos peel, itch and can scab but be careful not to pick or scratch them, because you can transfer bacteria from under your fingernails to the tattoo and cause infection and light spots after healing ends.
- The average healing time for a new tattoo can range from 2 to 4 weeks, depending on the individual and placement of the tattoo on the body.
- If you experience excessive redness, itching, swelling, pain, allergic reaction or infection, please contact us and your personal physician.
- Take good care of your new body art and apply sun block during the summer, to help keep it looking great for many years to come. If you have any questions about the healing process, please call us at (303) 239-8282.
Mantra Tattoo & Body Piercing: Best Custom Tattoos, Piercing and Body Jewelry in Denver
Come visit us or give us a call to get your custom tattoo design done by one of our experienced tattoo artists, or to choose your jewelry and discuss your next piercing with one of our professional body piercers. We use only medical grade sterilization and always new needles on every tattoo and piercing. Our shop is fully inspected and regulated by the Jefferson County Health Department.
Age requirements: 18 and up on your own with state issued photo ID or equivalent; 16 or 17 years of age with a legal guardian and both individuals are required to have a state issued photo ID orequivalent with matching last names.