Choosing the right tattoo design can be a little difficult sometimes, especially if you are new at it and are thinking of getting your first one. So it is very important to get it right the first time, as nobody likes tattoo regret!
In order to choose the tattoo that is perfect for you, first you may want to keep in mind some common mistakes that first time tattooers make:
- Getting a tattoo because you’re drunk, high, feeling rebellious or your friends are insisting you get one.
- Choosing your tattoo design from images you’ve seen on Google, Pinterest or on someone else.
- Getting a very small tattoo just to “see if you like it”.
- Any tattoo that has to do with high school, college, a TV show, music band or anything that will be outdated years later.
- Selecting a tattoo shop without doing your own research or just going into any “walk-in” shop so you don’t have to make an appointment.
- Not considering the advice and suggestions of a professional tattoo artist.
Now, the things you should do before getting a tattoo
Take your time and think before you ink! Consider how much of an impact the design has on you: if it’s something that represents or has given you hope through a difficult time in your life, or perhaps helped you find out who you are, or something along those lines, then it might your right choice of tattoo.
Consider where you want the tattoo as this will have some influence on the design. Think how likely it will be that you’ll need to cover it with clothing or make up at some point. For example, if you are a girl and need to wear a backless or strapless dress and have a back tattoo, will you feel comfortable showing it? You may also want to consider your career and if the tattoo would be an issue or even a liability if it’s showing with your work clothing or uniform.
And last but not least, do give yourself the best quality and professional tattooing possible, like the one provided by our incredible tattoo artists at Mantra Tattoo! You may get a cheaper price by getting it done by an amateur friend of a friend, but even this could lead to tattoo fading or distorting by poorly executed inking, bad quality of inks used and you may even increase your risk of infection.
Mantra Tattoo: Colorado’s Best Custom Tattoos
We are Colorado’s Best Custom Tattoos, Piercing and Body Jewelry. Mantra Tattoo and Piercing is a full service tattoo shop providing professional clean custom tattoos, piercings, and a large variety of jewelry and clothing. Schedule an appointment online or visit us to talk with one of our great artists.
We use medical grade sterilization and always new needles on every tattoo and piercing. Our shop is fully inspected and regulated by the Jefferson County Health Department. Age requirements: 18 and up on your own with photo ID; 16 – 17 with legal guardian and both individuals required to have photo ID with matching last names.
1695 Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, Colorado
(303) 239-8282 / (303) 238-3736
Open: Mon – Sat 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Sun 12:00 noon – 9:00pm.