How To Take Care Of Your New Tattoo
● Remove your bandage in about an hour. Do not re-bandage your tattoo!
● Wash your hands thoroughly then begin to wash your tattoo with antibacterial soap and
water, rinse thoroughly, and pat dry.
● Apply a small amount of ointment and rub in well. Repeat this process 2-4 times daily for
3-5 days or until tattoo peels. Do not share ointment with anyone else!
● After tattoo peels, follow the same instructions for cleaning and apply un-scented/dye
free lotion instead of ointment 1-3 times daily for about 2 weeks.
● Do not go into hot tubs, swimming pools or lakes during the healing process. They can
fade your tattoo and cause infection!
● New tattoos peel, itch and can scab. Be careful not to pick or scratch them because you
can transfer bacteria from under your fingernails to the tattoo, causing infection and light
spots after healing ends.
● Average heal time for a new tattoo can take 2-4 weeks, depending on the individual, and
placement on the body.
● For the duration of the healing process, clean sheets and linens should be used to inhibit
the transfer of unnecessary bacteria.
● If you experience excessive redness, itching, swelling, pain, allergic reaction, or infection
please contact us, and your personal physician.
Please Note: Body art should be considered permanent, and there is a chance of possible side
effects from the procedure.
Take good care of your new body art, and apply sunblock during the summer to help keep it
looking great for years to come. If you have any questions about the healing process please call
us at (303)-239-TAT2 (8282)